Friday, July 5, 2013

Ericka: Struggle Fest (7.5.13)

So I did my usual yoga stretches followed by 2 dance warm ups, then I spotted a "Sexy Chair Dance Workout" by Keaira LaShae. OMG, talk about struggle fest. I got a work out from the tutorial portion alone. If you know me, then you know I am uncoordinated and super clumsy. This girl had me jump up and down on a chair several times in rapid succession. Then there was the awkward moment when I thought the routine was over and then she made me do the same thing on the other side! LAWDEE! And that was just the tutorial. When she put the routine to music, I was a hot mess. Nothing sexy. Just struggle fest. But all I have to say to that workout routine is "Challenge Accepted!" I am going to try that routine over and over again until I get it down pat, and then I'm going to do it over and over again until I actually look good doing it. I was supposed to do pop pilates afterwards, but I'm done. I'm spent.
I'm so clumsy that my children will be clumsy. In fact, my son is already clumsy. Sorry Chris, but I don't see super athlete in the future.  I found this YouTube clip, and all I could think was "my daughter's future". Sorry little future baby girl.

By the way, I actually didn't do too bad yesterday with the eating. My family stepped up and added some healthy options (veggie shish kabob, naked ribs & chicken) so that made it a lot easier to say no to the potato salad, and one of my favorite desserts, punch bowl cake.  I made Kale chips, which wasn't enough to go around so I ate it as a pregame snack, and I also made an avocado salsa. I had a little bit of all the above, and sipped on some Skinny Girl Margarita. I hope your 4th of July game plan went just as well.
Just as good as chips

Avocado Salsa w/ Fat Free Feta

Veggie Shish Kabobs

Make Mine Skinny



Be Blessed,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment