Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ericka: Dieting & Vacationing (7.9.13)

Dieting and vacationing are 2 things that don't mix well unless you are on a vacation for recovering eataholics. I'm sure they have those. I envision lots of nature walks, swimming, bike tours and other physical activities  plus healthy food options. I mean they gotta have it. There is something for everyone out there. I just saw a commercial for a dating site for people who like men/women in uniforms or who just like to wear uniforms, but I digress.

So how do you diet while on vacation? When on vacation you tend to eat more and drink more. Hello it's a vacation! But don't let that vacation ruin all of your hard work. You have to create a plan of attack. You know you are going to eat out, so look up the menu before you go and choose a delicious but diet friendly meal. Choose your alcohol wisely. Try a nice glass of merlot or a diet coke and rum. Go light on drinks that have sugar or are premixed. Bring work out clothes. If you are staying in a hotel , hit the gym at least twice for every 5 days of vacation. If you don't have a gym take advantage of the place your are in and take a nice jog, a scenic bike tour or a walk. Just make sure you know where you are going, and you stay safe. I can't wait to walk up and down the magnificent mile a.k.a Michigan avenue and look at all of the clothes, shoes, and purses i wish i could buy. With all of that said, it is still your vacation so have fun, live a little, and indulge a little more just be ready to work extra hard when you get back.

In preparation for my vacation, I drank 3 smoothies yesterday (breakfast, lunch and dinner) as a mini cleanse from my cheat days and in preparation for the food I will be eating at the taste of Chicago. I did have a very little bit of my day's famous white beans yesterday, sans the rice, b/c my 3rd smoothie wasn't as hardy as the others and it was smaller. Then this morning I got in 50 minutes of exercise (20 min on the elliptical in the bikram garage and a 30 min NTC workout), I had one more large smoothie for breakfast and then I was off.

So how am i doing on day 2 of the challenge? Well I've put in 104 minutes of exercise (only 196 to go for this week) I ate dinner with my son, parents, and joe at the dinner table  without any distractions (Deuce is getting so good at feeding himself, and he is so independent, he's not my little baby anymore, le tear, le sigh) and I have yet to eat a bad carb yet. 2 days down, 28 more to go. Chris left for Chi-town a few days earlier so of course I couldn't eat dinner with him, but he is with his work family, and I hear he had lovely dinner with them.

Ciao,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment