Saturday, July 13, 2013

Chris: Home Sweet Home (7.13.13)

I know I didn't post yesterday, but you know how it is on the last day out of town. Ericka and I decided to go sightseeing by foot, bike and boat. For a play by play of our adventure, see Ericka's post (Taste of Chicago). We definitely went out with a bang. We ate brunch, toured Soldier Field, walked Navy Pier and caught a water taxi to Michigan Avenue. It was by far the best day I spent in Chicago over the course of the week. I didn't get to do everything that I wanted, but I did alot and have a reason to go back. As for the no carbs for the day, I got an omelet during brunch and ate at the airport before we departed. Dinner in the airport consisted of a beef dish and a chicken dish from the Chinese restaurant in the airport. It wasn't the best I've ever had by far, but at least I didn't eat carbs, lol. The flight home was smooth but one of the emptiest flights I've ever been on, literally, it was only about 35 passengers on a Southwest plane. It was so few people that we didn't even have to line up according to our numbers on our ticket. I had a great week in Chicago with training for work, sightseeing with coworkers and getting some much needed relaxation with Ericka. It was filled with great food, loooooooong walks and pretty good weather. I am attaching some pics from the week long trip and hope you enjoy and get to see the trip through our adventures. If you are headed to Chicago in the near future, holla at me as I know all the hot spots now. I am Chi-town expert!!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment