Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chris: Setback (7.10.13)

Just let me say, I hate to admit this but my loyalty to the blog and blog viewers will not allow me to be dishnest. I had a brownie, but not even a whole one, which really pisses me off. In the words of Craig (i.e. Ice Cube) in Friday said, "I had a half of lil piece of joint" (In my case joint = brownie, lol). Was it worth it....................HELL NO!!!! But let me break it down for you and how it happened. So I'm at a work training and we go to lunch. What are they serving, you ask. There is salad with ceasar dressing, penne pasta with side of marinara and/or meat sauce and beadsticks that looked as if they were possibly the best bradsticks ever made (maybe that was because I knew I couldn't eat it). So, what do I do.........................Here's what I ate. I had the salad with no dressing, meat sauce with no pasta, roasted bell peppers and NO breadstick. Boo-yah baby, no carbs!!!! And I was cool, but then 2 hours later, training is getting long, and I'm getting super tired, I mean like my head bobbing in class I'm so tired. So at 3pm, we get a break, so I get up and to my dismay, there is a tray of brownies of all sorts. BUT, I say "no", and I go to the restroom but when I get back they are staring me in the face. AND I CAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! After the 2nd bite, I'm just thinking, "it wasn't worth it"!!!!

But, I couldn't let it define Day 2. For dinner, I ate steak skewers and chicken and I'm right back on track. I really wanted to say "Eff it for the day", but Ericka got my mind right, and I didn't want to make it a total waste of Day 2, so I stood strong.

As for exercising, I did a good bit of walking today, so I would count that as about 20 minutes of exercise, but didn't hit my goal of 50 minutes. That's okay though, just ran out of time so I'll make it up this week.

Honestly guys, not sure y'all know how hrd it was to tell on myself but thought it would be unfair to y'all to not be honest. The point of this blog is for me and Ericka to share our experiences, successes, failures, etc., so I'm glad I tol on myself. It also serves as motivation for me to right the ship. Back on track tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment