Sunday, July 14, 2013

Chris: Me & My Boy (7.14.13)

Well, vacation was fun, but upon getting home after midnight, we woke up Saturday morning and Deuce arrived with my parents bright and early at about 9:30 am. Needless to say, Deuce was excited to see us but more importantly, he was ready to run around and play. Unfortunately kids aren't aware that chilling is just as fun as playing, lol. I was really excited to see him as it had been a whole week since I saw him last. I'll tell you, there is no better feeling than to see your child smile and call your name after not seeing them for a few days. It puts everything in perspective and really makes you appreciate being a parent.

As usual, we had a jam packed weekend with our high school friend's (Christina) baby shower. We were there for a few hours, and it was great catching up, but by time we left, it was only 6:30 pm and the Deuce man still had 3 or so more hours left in the tank. We ran a few errands to wear him out and he went off somewhere around 10 pm.

So, this morning we woke up and Ericka wasn't feeling too well, so I decided it was perfect for a guy's outing. Deuce loves the water right now, so I put on his trunks and we headed to the water park. The first park was extremely packed, so I drove further out the city to Gonzales, near my parents to Jambalaya Park, where there is an Olympic size swimming pool as well as a water area for kids with a variety of fountains. Deuce ran around for an hour or so, talked to the lifeguards and got wet before running to me and said "chicken nuggets" and "happy meal". Normally we don't like to give him fast food, but it was just the fellas and how could I say "NO"? Well, I couldn't and didn't, so off to McDonalds. My dad met up with us as well, so it was grandfather, father and son!!! On the way home, Deuce and I stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods store and bought Deuce a plastic golf club set. Fortunately, that was the only thing I paid for because Deuce was causing havoc in the store with baseball bats, golf clubs and any other equipment he could get his hands on. We finally got home around 6ish, and mom was ready to see her little man. It was a fun filled day and just great spending time with my son after being away so long.

Sorry I didn't take any photos, as I never seem to think of it at the moment. As I'm typing this, I am thinking it would be great to have some photos to go along with this story, but I'll get them next time. Anyways, off to sleep, see y'all tomorrow.

P.S. Just a FYI, I went for a 30 minute jog late last night to get to my 300 minutes of exercise for the week. So, goal for week 1 ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment