Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ericka: Party Pooper (7.10.13)

Yesterday I had a rather relaxing afternoon. I took a nice long nap before we went to Wrigleyville.

We went to a cool rooftop bar. Chris and i were joined by his 3 female co-workers who are all tiny & petite and can eat whatever they want. in fact they did eat whatever they wanted, because as they proclaimed "it's vacation!". I had hummus with veggies for my appetizer, 1 of Chris' steak skewers, and 1/2 a baja burger (avocado, pepper jack, jalapeƱos, red onion& tomato). I had 2 drinks, 1st a sparkling cranberry made with champagne and of course cranberry juice. I asked for sugar free juice and the waitress looked at me like I was crazy. Then I discovered they had skinny girl margarita so I had one of those too. I was so stuffed that I was thankful for the little extra I got in from walking from place to place.

The only thing is that it kinda sucked to repeatedly have say "no I don't want to try you nachos, I'm not eating carbs right now" and "I'm sure that fried corn dog tastes as good as it looks, but it's off limits for me". After a while I just say "doesn't suck to have to go to dinner with someone who is on a diet?" We laughed and that was the end of the food offerings.

This morning I put in a good hour of working out. I did 2 NTC workouts, because they are so convenient. First up was the 30 min shedder, then 15 min on a spin bike and then NTC  15 minute lean leg workout. I'm up to 164 minutes; only 136 more minutes to go for the week.

Now I am off to explore this wonderful city by foot!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment