Sunday, July 14, 2013

Ericka: Sunday Blues (7.14.13)

I swear I've been going non-stop ever since Deuce was born. I've gone to 7 weddings in the last 4 months, countless birthday parties, bridal showers and more. This weekend was no different even though I just got back in town. Yesterday I got up bright and early to run errands. On the top of my list was getting a baby shower gift for my dear friend Christina and her husband Gray. First stop Michael's. I picked out a pretty box, a wooden frame and some glue then headed to Target to get a few packs of diapers. I then rushed home to see Deuce, he got home from his grandparents' while I was out and about. He greeted me with the biggest smile and hug then went right back to playing. Sheesh! I expected a little more considering he hadn't seen me in a week. Kids!

I then spray painted the wooden frame royal blue and glued it on the box with a note inside the frame that read "Late Night Diapers". While that was drying, I, with the help of my MIL, began writing notes on each diaper for Gray and Christina to read later on. Some of the notes were "you could at least warm your hands first," "that's not right," "why are you crying" etc. I wish I took a picture of the box.
Deuce, Christina & YTBB Ralph

The shower was really nice, but I was exhausted by the time I got home. In fact my left ankle began to swell. I haven't pinned pointed the cause, but I'm thinking I may of had a little too much sodium from the food at the shower (did not partake in the carbs), and I drank a soda. Of course My bum ankle didn't stop Deuce from running around like a maniac until he finally passed out around 10:30.

This morning when I woke I was not feeling too hot. In fact I'm still a little under the weather. I think I'm coming down with a cold or some hysterical ailment because I have to go to work after being out 7 days. Vacation, much like the weekend, is never long enough. Whatever the case may be, I have to snap out of it, because tomorrow I plan on hitting the gym.

Well I hope you are enjoying your Sunday. I'm going to continue to relax until the boys get home from the park.

E

P.S. My kid is a weirdo. Last night  I caught him spanking his teddy bear while saying "Don't hit Deuce". I don't know which part is weirder; him spanking his teddy even though we don't spank him or him 1st pretending to be hit by his teddy before dispensing the corporal punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment