Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ericka: A 3 Hour Tour...On Foot

When I left you last, I was on my way out to explore the city by foot. I did not expect to, nor did I plan on walking around for 3 hours! My plan was to do a little window shopping. I started on State street and checked out H & M and a few boutiques. After that I doubled back and headed to Zara on Michigan. I did not realize it was 1.5 miles away. On the way there I started to get a little hungry, and what I wanted more than anything was a lettuce wraps. There were so many restaurant options that I didn't know where to start, and I ended up skipping breakfast and lunch which was not good. When I finally made it to Zara my feet were already starting to feel the burn. I was not wearing the most appropriate shoes for the trek. After I finished browsing I decided to go back to the hotel and face the 40 minute walk (31 minutes for most, but I'm a slow walker. Hey! I'm a southern girl from N.O. Where it's too hot, humid, and muggy for power walking)

10 minutes into the walk I saw a pedicab. I was so tempted to stop and hop on, but I decided to just press on. By the time I made it to the hotel, my feet were done. All I could do was take a nice nap (I love napping). When I woke up, my feet were still hurting. I think I was dreaming about walking  while napping.

When Chris got back we walked (ugh) to a great restaurant called Chicago Cuts. We enjoyed a nice dinner; just the 2 of us without any distractions. We shared an avocado w/lump crab meat appetizer, a 26 oz prime ribeye (I love steak), creamed spinach and creme brûlée. Indeserved a real meal after all that walking, plus the skipped meals (don't do that). We then went to the Hancock Center's Signature Lounge. The view of the city was breathtaking. I enjoyed a nice glass of merlot and a chocolate martini and caught a cab back to the hotel.

Today I did 50 minutes of cardio (15 min elliptical, 10 min on some machine that I thought was a stepper but it was worse, 10 min spin bike, 15 min NTC Butt Blaster). I then walked to a little breakfast spot and grabbed a low fat yogurt parfait and a boiled egg.

While my walk yesterday was definitely a calorie burner, I've decided to count only 120 min of it because my pace was about 2 mph and i stopped to browse. So that brings my total up to 334 minutes for the week! Although I have met and surpassed this week's fitness challenge, I am still going to strive to workout at least 1-2more times this week.

Did you workout today?

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment