Sunday, July 7, 2013

Chris: Let's get this party started!! (7.7.13)

Ok, so the 30 day challenge is on. Our no salt detox is off and on to our challenges. We let Deuce pick them this morning, and I believe Ericka linked the footage in her blog, so check out my lil man. He was made for the camera!!! Our challenges will be tough this month, but I think if we can accomplish these goals, the future goals will definitely be attainable. Our eaitng challnge is no carbs, ftness challenge is 300 minutes of exercise a week and our family goal is eating one meal a day as a family. And while I know the family goal sounds simple, it is harder than you think. It is quite easy for Ericka and I to split up tasks when we get home in order to get our daily duties done, such as I bathe Deuce while Ericka eats or I'll eat while Ericka reads a book to Deuce, etc. I am most excited about the family goal as it will force us to all take at least 30 minutes in the evening together and enjoy each other's company. This is definitely a challenge that we plan to incorporate into our daily routine even after the 30 days are completed. Some of my bes memories and conversations growing up were when I was eating dinner with my parents and brother, or watching the news while at dinner with my grandparents and the event on the news sparking a conversation about something that happend to my grandfather when he was a kid. Also, growing up in a very sports dominated household, my family (mom, dad and brother) would watch the French Open and Wimbledon (Tennis Major Tournaments) over breakfast every year.

Now, I want to give a shout out to our friend, Catherine and Andrea who put us on these Nike Training workouts via a Nike Training app. It's a variety of 45 minute workouts, and the workout was OFFICIAL!!! I mean I was sweating like I just went through a 2 hour football practice in full pads, lol. It was a great workout and one I want to continue, especially considering the 50 minutes of daily exercise I need 6 days a week in order to achieve the 300 minutes of exercise in a week goal. I have now come across this Nike + Fuel band that goes on your wrist and tracks your calories. I'll let y'all know when I get it but it may be a few weeks because I have another very important purchase this week...............NCAA Football '14 for the PS3. Me and my 2 friends have consistently played this game for over 15 years but I digress.

Tomorrrow is Day 1 of our challenges. It's time to GO HARD or GO HOME. And I don't plan on going home anytime soon baby ( I know that was lame but give me a break, lol) Alright y'all, I'll check back tomorrow and discuss day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment