Thursday, July 4, 2013

Ericka: Happy Independence Day! (7.4.13)

I'm going to celebrate Independence Day by being independent (bringing healthy & delicious meal alternatives) and not dependent on traditional cookout food. Yesterday I set a goal of 60 minutes of exercise. So here's what I did.

  1. 6 minutes of yoga stretches. 
  2. YouTube Workouts
    1. Move Your Body (4 min) 
    2. Tiffany Roth- Boxer Babe (10 min) 
    3. Keaira Lashae Interval Training (20) 
    4. Keaira Lashae's Twerk Workout (8 min) 
    5. Tara Stiles Beginner's Yoga for Weight loss (10 min)
  3. Then the following 8 minute routine 
    1. 100 jumping jacks
    2. 10 jump squats
    3. 70 russian twists
    4. 10 modified push ups
    5. 5 regular push ups
    6. 50 crunches
    7. 40 lunges (20 on each leg)
  4. Bonus: Deuce, who is an avid Rocky fan ( I know, weird right?) did his own workout while I did my lunges. He took Chris' golf club and started raising it above his head. He then brought it to me and said "shoulders" so I started doing it too. While I repeated his actions he said "push, push, push it." He's my own little personal trainer. Next time I'll be sure to have the video camera handy






I still haven't figured out what I'm bringing to the cookout, but I will update the blog later with pics of the meals.

Have a great 4th!

E

Update!

No comments:

Post a Comment