Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ericka: She's Racquet (7.20.13)

Happy Saturday all

Sorry about the posting delay, but I partook in a little bit of imbibing yesterday evening after my long day. So let's start with yesterday's workout. I did 2 of my go to dance warm ups which accounted for 10 minutes, then I did a 45 minute NTC workout. That left me with 170 minutes for today.

This morning I got up, met up with parking enforcement to get the boot taken off of my car. Yes boot, I didn't realize I was in a lot that was monitored 24 hours; that set me back $105. Then I met up with my friend Esmeralda at the gym. I told her I wanted to workout for 2 hours so I don't have too much to do on Sunday. First thing up was Zumba. That was a bust. The instructor didn't show up, and some girls, who must go to every class b/c they were wearing official Zumba attire, decided to run the class, but they didn't remember all of the steps. So we then decided to get on the elliptical for 30 minutes, but it wasn't just any old elliptical. This elliptical told you what to do e.g. pedal backwards, pick up your toes, lift your heels, stand on sides and push arms. Next stop was weightlifting for 30 minutes. Today's focus was arms. Then we did ab work for 15 minutes using NTC. And for the pièce de résistance we played racquetball for 45 minutes.

Now Essie is a pro. She plays several times a week (singles and doubles), and she plays against men. Needless to say I was nervous. I mean I must be the clumsiest and most uncoordinated person. The last time I tried to play racquetball was several years ago with Chris. All I can remember from that experience is my running around like a chicken with her head cut off in order to get away from the ball that seemed to be coming 100 mph at me in all directions. Essie was a great teacher. She didn't smack the hell out of the ball, and I never was in fear for my life; well almost never. There were a few deer in headlights moments, and I did step on my own foot once, and missed hitting the ball a few times, but overall it was really fun, and a great workout. I think I'm going to try to play every Saturday. Maybe I'll even join the Monday night novice league. Chris has his Wednesday night bowling league so this could be my thing. 




210 minutes down. Only 50 more minutes to go!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment