Thursday, July 11, 2013

Chris: Back on Track (7.11.13)

Okay y'all, I got my mind right yesterday after my brownie setback. I woke up a little late and had to rush to training, so I wasn't able to grab breakfast. Lunch was a success!!!! We have been provided lunch all week so yesterday was salad with the fixins' and sandwich station. I wanted a sandwich soooooooo bad, but I didn't give in. I fixed a big salad with chicken breast and NO salad dressing. While it wasn't the best lunch I've ever had, I felt really good about sticking to the diet, and I was satisfied.

I got out of training and went back to the hotel, where Ericka was relaxing. While I wanted to go to the gym, the bed looked so enticing, so I hopped in and took a quick nap. Ericka and I planned to go out to dinner, walk around Chicago and take in the sites. We settled on Chicago Cuts restaurant, which sits on the Chicago River. We wanted to sit outside but with no reservations and lots of people in town for The Taste of Chicago, we had to settle for eating inside. I've decided to get like the wife and post a pic for you guys (since she has definitely got more page views than me). Take a look at our meal.


As you can see, we had a bone-in ribeye with creamed spinach. It was very delicious and one of the mos enjoyable no carb meals I've had!!!

We ended the night meeting my co-workers at the Signature Room Lounge on the 96th floor of the Hancock Center on Michigan Avenue. The view was amazing, definitely the best view of the city. There are windows surrounding the lounge, so you can walk around the whole floor for various views of the city. I would definitely recommend as a must see if ever in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment