Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ericka: Feed a cold, starve a fever, sweat out the germs? (7.16.13)

So I am still sick. I packed my gym bag today just in case I felt a little bit better, but nope, I still can't breathe! I know you are supposed to feed a cold, which is hard when you have lost your appetite, but what about working out when you are under the weather? One theory that I got from my friend M is working out increases blood flow and just makes the germs flush around in your system and only makes you feel worse. Okay that was the gist of it, and that wasn't verbatim and maybe not entirely accurate, but that was my take away. My theory is that working out may actually helps your body to RELEASE THE TOXINS (think of the tone used when saying "release the cracken"). Nonetheless, I don't think working out today is the best thing for me to do. Why? Because I got lightheaded and almost passed out  from blowing my nose just now. I know TMI, but hey what's a little nasal congestion between friends? Tomorrow is Wednesday which leaves me with only 5 days to get in 300 minutes of exercise for the week.

As for my other challenges. Well like I said, I haven't had the best appetite so I've been living off of miso soup and seaweed salad. Today I had a real salad with real ingredients, but I skipped breakfast.  So yeah, I haven't had any carbs. Yay! However, since I lost my appetite, I haven't sat down at the dinner table to enjoy dinner with Chris. Boo! I have to make a more concerted effort with that meal together once a day challenge.  Since returning from Chicago, it has proven to be the most difficult challenge. Saturday we were so busy we didn't even have breakfast or dinner, plus we were full from grazing at the baby shower. Sunday I started getting sick, and I didn't eat a real meal. Yesterday we both stayed home from work, Chris is under the weather too, and we basically just slept and snacked.

I'm just about done with this whole sick thing. Mind over matter right? I'm just going to repeatedly tell myself "you are not sick anymore," until my body believes it.

Here's hoping tomorrow will be better,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment