Saturday, July 27, 2013

Chris: Finish Strong (7.27.13)

My post title says it all! I haven't had an eventful week, so I didn't want to bore y'all with mundane posts. So, just to recap, going into Friday, I had only had about 50 minutes of exercise. With bowling and other things popping up in the middle of the week, it's really hard to fit it in. But, I woke up Friday morning and did a 30 minute Nike Training workout routine. Also, I watched Deuce by myself since Ericka had a get together with her friends and I feel like I should get credit for at least an additional 30 minutes, lol. But I doubt Ericka will give me that.

So with only about 80 minutes worth of exercise in for the week, it was vital to put in work this morning at the gym. Ericka and I met up with her friend and former co-worker for some racquetball. Ericka told me she was really good so I talked a little trash just to make it interesting. We played 3 games and it's best to 15. Well...............I only scored 1 point in 3 games. In my defense, I play some tennis and I thought the two were very similar. But, they're not!! Needless to say, Ericka LOVED that I lost bad. She gets some weird sort of pleasure from watching me lose in sports, I don't know why though. Maybe she can explain it in her post later today. I am surely interested to find out. But outside of getting my @$$ handed to me, I must admit it was one helluva workout. I played for at least an hour and a half. Then I went run a mile and walked a half mile as a cool down. Deuce went to the gym's daycare center while we worked out, so we took him to the gym pool after picking him up. For those counting, that's a 120 minutes of exercise today for a grand total this week of 200 minutes. Damn, as I'm typing this, I realized that's still an hour and 40 minutes left.

But I feel like I'm getting results. I was told by someone at work yesterday that I looked like a lost some weight. That's always encouraging because it's normally very hard to see the weight loss yourself until it's very noticeable. So, that really made me feel good and served as a motivation to keep pushing. Well, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment