Monday, July 29, 2013

Chris: Puttin' In Work (7.29.13)

Mondays are by far the worst day of the week, I'm convinced. They start slow, the work day goes by slow, and the only thing you have to look forward to on Monday...............Is frickin Tuesday, are you kidding me. Anyways, Ericka and I slept by my parents' house last night since we dropped Deuce off, so we had to get up at the crack of dawn just to get back to NOLA at a decent time.

Now, as y'all know, I had to grind this past weekend to get to my 300 minutes of exercise, so since Deuce is by his grandparents, Ericka and I decided to put in some good work at the gym after work. We did an hour and a half worth of gym classes, including an ab workout and Tabata class. Afterwards, we put in a half hour of racquetball, so we finished with 2 hours of exercise on Monday, leaving us with only 3 hours left for the week. Now, I would like to get more than the 3 hours remaining, but with my bowling league on Wednesday and a work function on Thursday, it was important to grind today in order to put us in good position for the rest of the week. Our plan is to hit the gym hard tomorrow with at least an hour, but I am shooting for an hour and 30 minutes so we can leave no doubt about reaching our 300 goal. 

Last but certainly not least, I talked to my lil man, and he had a very eventful day. As normally the case, my parents bought him another toy (I think he gets at least 1 every time he's with them, lol), this time being a build-a-bear named Papa. What is it about your parents becoming grandparents???? I mean there is nothing my parents won't buy for Deuce or my two nieces, Madison & Sydney. It's crazy!!!! I had to get damn near straight A's in school to get a Nintendo game. And the grades were only part of it, let's not forget cutting the grass, vacuuming the carpet and the occasional baseboard cleaning while listening to my mom's favorite songs she liked to listen to while cleaning. All Deuce or my nieces have to say is that they like something, and my dad will get it, lmao. I'm ranting but it's cool seeing my parents' loving to put a smile on their faces. Well, that's about it for me. A very productive Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment