Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Chris: Drama (7.1.13)

So, Sunday went well. We had dinner by my in-laws, which was challenging because they don't mind eating multiple starches with their meals (i.e. potatoe salad, mac&cheese, and biscuits). However, when we received the invitation, Ericka let her mom know that we are on a strict diet and some arrangements had to be made for us to eat dinner. My mother-in-law agreed to alter the meal to assist us by cooking with only a pinch a salt, although I must say that the hen she cooked had to be the best unseasoned chicken I ever ate in my life, which had me questioning her definition of a pinch, lol. But, I must also add that she had cheddar biscuits that I had to refrain from eating, well to be honest, I had a teeny weeny piece of biscuit just to curb my curiousity and I didn't touch it after that. So, I had a salad and couple pieces of baked hen. It was really good and I felt good about it. Also, we took Deuce swimming earlier that day, and he loved the water. So much so that he didn't want me to hold him because he thought he could swim on his own. All in all, we had a good day all around.

Now today, I stepped on the scale and while I had lost a total of 4 lbs for the week, it was a 2 lb increase from yesterday, so I was a little discouraged. I told Ericka I was ready to quit, but she convinced me to stay the course, and I calmed down. Now,  I was headed to work and Ericka called me saying that she was stuck in the car, and she couldn't get the car to start. So, I headed to the parking garage and sure enough, the car wouldn't start for me either. After trying to jump start the car, I contacted a towing company only to be told that the truck wouldn't fit in the garage, and we needed to push the car down 4 levels of ramps. At this point, I was ready to scream, not to mention I could only imagine how much it was going to cost to fix the car. By time we pushed it all the way down, I took one last chance to jump the car.................IT WORKED!!!!!!!! I didn't know whether to go to AutoZone to get a new battery or go to Church!!!! Needless to say it was a rough morning today. But all is well and back on the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment