Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Chris: Time is at a premium (7.24.13)

There isn't enough time in the day. I didn't get in a workout yesterday, because we got home late after picking up Deuce and then getting a bite to eat. Then I woke up later than I wanted to, and I had to hustle to get to work at a decent time. It's Wednesday, so as you know, it's bowling league night!!!! While I enjoy it, it is not really feasible to work out afterwards, because I get home fairly late. As it stands, I only have 50 minutes of exercise this week, so I got to get on my grind the next few days and definitely have to get in about 2 hours on Saturday to hit 300 minutes for the week. I think I can do it..................rather, I KNOW I WILL do it!! I gotta get positive. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a getting a little frustrated. I haven't lost a pound in a week, HOWEVER I haven't gained a pound either. Guess I'll have to look at the glass half full, eh!?!?

Bowling Update: We entered this week in 3rd place. We have 4 weeks to go after today, and I must say after a strong performance by myself and my team, we have moved into 2nd place. My average has been steadily going up from an initial 124 to a 130 after about 12 weeks. Today, I rolled a 130, 164 and 159, surpassing my average twice in 3 games. I have really enjoyed joining the bowling league more than I thought. The team consists of me, my dad, my uncle, my cousin and my boy Mike. It's just cool to get together with the fellas and kick it for a couple of hours while bowling. Stay tuned for our bowling status next week.

Side Note: I think I'm going to hit up happy hour on Friday with a couple of friends. Nothing like unwinding after a long week of work with a couple of drinks. Anybody have any new, cool spots for happy hour in NOLA? Let me know. I've been hitting up Handsome Willy's last couple of times, but I may try to change it up. Alright, time to hit the sack. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment