Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ericka: Food Holidays (7.3.13)

Sorry about the late entry, but it's been a busy day. I am so looking forward to my vacation which kicks off tomorrow. Actually it kicked off today at 5:01 p.m. Too bad I don't have a celebratory drink in my hand. Tomorrow is the 4th of July, and you know what that mean... barbecued food, baked macaroni and cheese, potato salad and whole bunch of other stuff I need to avoid. Holidays centered around feasting activities are tough. In my family, every holiday is centered around food, every Sunday for that matter too!

So what's my game plan? Well I'm going to make one of my tasty but health dips. I'm thinking about either my tried and true pico de gallo, or my avocado salsa, or my corn, crab & tomato salsa. I'm going to go with the most economical option lol. I'm also thinking about making kale chips and zucchini chips. I don't have a mandolin slicer for the latter, but I do have a cheese grater that may just do the drink. Whichever dish(es) I decide to do, I will definitely post pics. I'll also have a bottle of skinny girl margarita handy.

Now as for today, I got early again to make a smoothie and lunch. Today's lunch was garlic salmon with mushrooms, yellow bell pepper & onions. I cooked it all in one pan, which my husband (make sure you stretch out the hus when you read that) appreciated.
 1 Pan Dish

Today's workout was only 32 minutes. I did 10 minutes on the StairMaster, 12 minutes on a spin bike, and 10 minutes on the elliptical. I like to switch it up because A. it can be borrowing running, walking, biking etc on a stationary machine, and B. it creates muscle confusion when you mix it up. Tomorrow I'm going for an 1 hour 6 a.m workout. I haven't come up with my routine yet, but it will set me up for the day. If I start off on a good foot, I will be less inclined to ruin my good work, at least I hope.

It's the weeeeekkkkkeeeeend baby!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment