Friday, July 26, 2013

Ericka: Flashback Friday & THE MOVEMENT (7.26.13)

 I didn't post yesterday, because I didn't have anything to add because I didn't do anything. I know Whomp Whom Whomp. The plan was to workout and post for throwback Thursday, but now it's a Flashback Friday Post.



Let's state the obvious. Clearly I was smaller. I believe this photo was taken circa the summer after freshman year of college. Not only was I smaller, and that was after the freshman 15, well maybe 20lbs, had kicked in, but I was also tanner. I miss that tan. But let's further dissect this photo of me and my bestie Dr. B. Notice the awkward poses, the fauxberry purse, our gauche appearance, the look of naivete on our faces, and the matchy-matchy clothing. le sigh. I remember that summer well, and will forever look back on it fondly. While I miss being smaller, I am a tad bit more sophisticated, just a tad, and I have stepped up my street wear.

On to today. This morning I woke up, did a 4 minute dance warm-up and then did a 30 minute NTC workout. Deuce joined in on the fun and did his usual Rocky Workout Routine. Just 183 minutes to go!

I decided to give myself an extra challenge today. I told myself "Self, you are going to do 20 jumping jacks for every hour you are at work." So far I've done 3 sets of 20. The next set is coming up at 11:30 a. I then started recruiting my co-workers/work family/friends for life to join in on the MOVEMENT. At first I called it Fit Friday, but then Margaret K decided to call it Fit Forever, and we have to do it every day of the work week instead of just on Fridays. Jack kicked it up a notch and added a twist. Instead of just doing 20 jumping jacks we are going to do 25, and we are going to do a different exercise every day of the week.

Get Fit Crew



  • Monday- 25 Push ups 
  • Tuesday- 25 Tricep dips
  • Wednesday- 1 minute Wall sits
  • Thursday- 25 Squats
  • Friday- Jumping Jacks
Join in on the movement!

   Happy Friday!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment