Monday, July 8, 2013

Ericka: Girls Love Beyonce (7.8.13)

Last night I saw King Bey at Essence Music Festival 2013. I've seen her several times, with and without the girls of Destiny's Child, and like every other time I've seen her perform SHE SHUT IT DOWN. So you best believe after that performance I got up at 6:00 a.m. and worked out.  I once fooled myself into thinking I could drop it like it's hot like Beyonce. I told myself "all it is is momentum". So shortly after watching her perform at the Superbowl I tried to drop it like it was hot. Mind you I was in an elevator, by myself of course, on my way up to work when I decided to try this feat. I almost blew my knee out! I was crying laughing, because I could not believe I just attempted that and almost injured myself.  Yes, I may never achieve Beyonce status, and yes I know she has chefs, personal trainers and more at her disposal, but if you don't aspire for greatness then what are you striving for? Mediocrity? So choose your fitness idol and get on it. I chose, Beyonce as 1 of my many fitness idols because she is a mom, a wife, a successful business woman and b/c that girl can work it!



So today started our challenge. For 30 days we cannot eat starchy carbs, we have to do 300 minutes of exercise a week, and we have to eat a meal together at the table without any distractions. Leading up to the start of the challenge we had 3 cheat days. I didn't go overboard really, but yesterday I ate chips with home made pico de gallo and queso, a very small portion of my sister's healthy stir fry, a mini ice cream sandwich, a mini meatball and a small serving of spinach and artichoke dip. This morning I woke up with a stomach ache. My friend, the good doctor Brooke, suggested that I may be lactose intolerant like many other African-Americans. I do recall in the past that I used to get this icky feeling in my stomach and throat in the past, but I could never pinpoint the reason. It's funny how when you remove things from your diet and try to put them back you discover what your body can and cannot tolerate.

Now on to today's workout. 
  1. Move Your Body (how apropos)- 4 min
  2. Elliptical- 20 min
  3. Nike Training Club Wipeout Workout- 30 min
    1. SN: I did the workout while listening to Jay Z's MCHG and the album seems to be pretty good
  4. Yoga Stretches- 6 min
Total time (not including yoga)= 54 minutes. I have 246 minutes to go in order to complete this challenge.

Have a wonderful Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment