Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ericka: 2 weeks down 2 weeks to go (7.23.13)

I've been on blogging hiatus due to sick baby and sick mommy and procrastination. Sunday I did meet my 300 minutes goal for week 2. Early that morning Deuce woke up and got in his stroller and said "go outside." I really didn't feel like working out, but that was a sign to get it in early so that there could be no excuses later. Deuce and I went on a 40 minute walk around the neighborhood. I had to jog home the last 2 blocks, because it started to rain. Deuce provided the music since he chanted "rain, rain go away come back another day". Then I did 15 minutes of abs and I called it a day.

Monday evening after work I went to a 45 minute tabata class with Chris, but we got there a little late so I'd say we got in a good 35-40 minutes. To be on the safe side, I'm going to say 35 minutes. So yesterday we go pick up Deuce from my folks' house. My mom is trying to coax Deuce into eating dinner by telling him she is going to give his food to someone else. Deuce does not like sharing so he quickly gobbles the food down every single time. Yesterday I was her guinea pig. She was supposed to pretend to give me a spoonful of gravy and rice, but she instead jammed it into my mouth! SABOTAGE! I'm pretty sure I told my mom that I am not eating simple carbs right now.

I haven't figured out the plan for today. I brought my gym bag in case I can steal away for a lunch time workout.

As far as eating, I've been doing pretty good except I'm not getting 3 squares a day. I have to do better on that front. Yesterday I only had a salad for lunch and for dinner I tried a piece of brisket that my dad brought home. Now don't get me wrong, my salad was fully loaded with all of the fixings. I'm talking steak, salsa, cabbage, cilantro, pico de gallo etc. I was still full by the time I worked out yesterday evening. Nonetheless, i have to start eating breakfast, lunch and dinner. Chris+ has to do better too. He rarely eats breakfast, unless I fix it for him. Last night he skipped dinner, because his stomach was bothering him. I also have to get to the grocery store so I can get back to juicing.

2 weeks down 2 more 2 go. My goal at the end of this 30 day period is that my carb addiction is broken so that I can eat them in moderation, to incorporate 300 minutes of exercise a week into my lifestyle and to better my communication skills with the hubby. I have to work on that last one.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment