Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ericka: On the Run (7.28.13)

After yesterday's successful jog, I decided to incorporate jogging into today's workout. Well jogging outside is a lot harder than jogging on the track. I don't know if it was the heat, the street or what, but I was moving much slower and working a lot harder. I used the Run Double Couch 2 5K app and started on day 1. Excluding the warm-up and cool down, I had alternate jogging for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds for a total of 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, I decided to go for another 30 minutes of alternating jogging a block and walking a block. 50 minutes down. The last 15 minutes I really started to feel it, but then Jay-Z's "On the Run" came on. How apropos. Actually it came on like 5 times, because I accidentally put on repeat.

Then I came home, took a 10 minute break and did a dance warm up. 4 minutes. Followed by two 15 minute NTC workouts; one for arms and one for abs. 30 minutes. Total time 84 minutes which made 301 minutes for the week. Wooh chile, I'm tired, and I still took Deuce to a splash park.

Random thought/observation: Have you ever noticed how children literally squeal from excitement? When was the last time you go so excited about something that not only did you laugh, and maybe even scream, but to squeal too! I was mesmerized watching Deuce laugh and squeal with glee. Gotta love the kids! They really know how to enjoy life!
Deuce & Big Cousin Blake Jude


Happy Sunday and don't forget to enjoy life.


No comments:

Post a Comment