Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ericka: My neck, my back.. (8.28.13)

Truth moment. This jog 6 days in a row is not going to be as hard as I thought...it's going to be harder! Today I decided to do what I thought would be a light jog. Instead of starting with week 1 of the C25K plan (because I am way past that level of fitness, right?), I skipped to week 4 day 1. All I had to do was start with a 5 minute warm up then jog 3 minutes, walk 1 1/2 minutes, jog 5 minutes, walk 2 and half minutes then repeat that rotation once. I thought "I did 3 sets of 8 minute jogs yesterday, this should be easy peasy." Boy was I wrong. Every time the 5 minute jog came around, and it only came around twice, I thought it was the longest stretch of my life. I would look down at the stopwatch after what I thought was a considerable bit of time only to discover that a mere minute had passed. I have to do this 4 more times this week! I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow. I may have to start with week one, but even that seems like a daunting task.

In addition to aforementioned struggle fest, my back, but and thighs are super sore. Usually I get delayed muscle soreness a day or two after introducing a new exercise to my body, but this time it kicked in immediately.

Today's good deed: Picked up some trash in the neighborhood. Today's meals: Breakfast 1 boiled egg, Lunch- Spicy Tuna Sashimi Salad (yumyum) from Thanh Thanh and Dinner- I haven't decided yet. Perhaps an egg sunny side down. I didn't purposely skip the carbs today. I just didn't have any options for breakfast, because we have to go grocery shopping. For lunch, I couldn't pass up my one of my favorite dishes on the Westbank since I was on that side for work. As to dinner, no food in the house and lazy.

Well guys it's getting close to my bedtime. See you tomorrow!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment