Sunday, August 4, 2013

Chris: It Hurts Soooooooooooooo Good (8.4.13)

It has been an eventful weekend, at least in terms of exercising. Saturday morning, I woke up to Deuce hitting me in the face. And as soon as my eyes opened, Deuce said "I wanna go bye-bye" and "doughnuts". How could I say no to my lil man, so I crawled out of bed at 7:54 am (Yes, that time is correct) and took Deuce to the Buttermilk Drop for some glazed doughnut holes. And if you're wondering, NO, I didn't eat any!!!! I wanted to but didn't. Anyways, after that, we all went to the gym. We dropped Deuce off at the gym daycare, and Ericka and I went to work. I jogged a mile and the ran/walked a 2nd mile. I hit the weights for another 45 minutes and then played Ericka's friend in a game of racquetball. It was the same woman who beat me 15-1, 15-0 and 15-0 last week. Well, this week I came out with a bang and jumped on her 5-1, but I fell apart and lost 15-5. But, I am getting better and I should have her beat in about 2 more weeks. So, I got in a good hour and 30 minutes (Total time for the week after the workout was 4 hours).

So, today, I still needed an hour to get to my goal of 300 minutes of exercise this week. And last week, my coworker and frienemy, Jim McAnelly, called me out saying that the last hour of exercise at the driving range shouldn't have counted. Now for anyone who knows Jim, he is a HATER!!!! But I took it to heart, so this week I planned on playing a round of golf for exercise. Now, today it was 109 degrees with the Heat Index, and I was out on the course for at least 5 hours, so I'm pretty sure I can claim one hour of exercise. And it has been awhile since I played a round of golf, so along with probably being on the brink of dehydration, my feet, back and arms are feeling it tonight. What do you think Jim?????? I would venture to say that I reached my exercise goal of this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last, but not least, I would like to thank my lovely wife for cooking a great dinner tonight and some meals for the week. Tonight, we had spaghetti squash with meat sauce and it was rolling!!! I ate it all in about 5 minutes. Thanks babe!!! Alright y'all, Cdub is out, holla at ya boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment