Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ericka: Short & Sweet (8.8.13)

Got up this morning to chip away at the 207 minutes of exercise left for the week. Since I waited until the last minute to pack, I only got 30 minutes in. My legs were killing me with every squat, because I did wall sits every hour yesterday. Today is triceps dips. Oy vey!

It's going to be tough to get 177 minutes in while out of town. We're staying with family, so there is no gym to grind it out in for 2 hours. I have my NTC app, but I can't do that for 2 hours straight. Plus it's family time, so carving an hour to 2 hours out for myself every day is going to be tough. We shall see how this goes.

We have 3 cheat days (Thursday, Friday & Saturday). Like I said, I am not trying to undo all of my hard work, so I am going to still be mindful of what I eat, but indulge from to time. I see salsa WITH chips in my near future. We will start a new challenge on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it, unless I have to give up my wine for 30 days.

In other news, Deuce's school orientation is today. A new school for my baby. He started daycare when he was 8 months home, and it was a home school. Only about 6 kids, 1 teacher and 1 teacher's assistant. The set up was amazing. First of all it was only a block away from my house. Second the teachers were so loving and attentive. I cried the last day of school. In fact the both teachers still text me about how Deuce is doing. Third. Deuce was the youngest child there. Everyone else, other than 1 kid who was 6 months older than him, was 1 to 3 years older Deuce. Therefore, Deuce was forced to talk and engage. I think that environment contributed to him having not just a vast vocabulary, but it also helped him communicate. I am going to miss the school, but new adventures are on the horizon, and I can't wait to see how Deuce adjusts. Hopefully he will keep the cursing to a minimum, and he does not share his knowledge of A Few Good Men and the Young & The Restless.

Happy Thursday,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment