Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ericka: HIATUS OVER! (8.27.13)

I am so sorry I've been away so long, but for the past 2 weeks I've been reflecting, crying, mourning, smiling, healing and helping my loved ones through the grief process. Our hearts are on the mend, but we will never forget our little one who is gone before we even got a chance to get know him.

During these last 2 weeks, I have not been sticking to the challenges whatsoever. The first couple of days I didn't eat and as a result lost a few pounds, then I moved onto emotional eating..i.e. eating everything in sight. After the emotional eating phase was over, I was in a rut and I continued to eat whatever I wanted, but that stopped today. My body doesn't even feel right, and I'm sure the scale will reflect that, because of all the junk I've been eating. I'm even considering going on some sort of organic foods only detox.Today I didn't eat any carbs after 2 p.m.

As for the exercise portion, I have not done anything until today. Chris and I just finished a jog through the neighborhood. We walked for 5 minutes at a moderate pace, then did 3 sets of 8 minute jogs and 2 sets of 2 minute walks followed by a 5 minute cool down walk at a slow pace. Total time-38 minutes. My jog pace was a bit of a struggle, but at least I got out there. For an extra challenge for Chris, he pushed Deuce in the stroller. For me the jog in and of itself was enough of a challenge. Because we have missed so many jogs, Chris and I have to jog 6 times a week for the next 2 weeks! Even if we accomplish that goal, I still won't give myself an A, because the challenge was 3 times a week not 6 times a week.

Pay it forward. It's not that I haven't done nice things for other people, but I haven't kept a tally of the things I've done. I know I was on cheer up duty for awhile, there has been bringing snacks to my coworkers, giving a few dollars to the homeless person on the street, being nice to my kid (oh that doesn't count?) Regardless, I really want to do something that has more of an impact.

On top of all that I got a sinus infection with bronchial inflammation. I went to the doctor last week, and he prescribed me 4 prescriptions and 2 shots in the arse. My butt has yet to let me forget about those shots, because during my jog I felt some tenderness around the injection sites with every step!

Again sorry about the impromptu hiatus. I will strive not to go M.I.A again. To those of you who sent prayers and words of encouragement...thank you. To those of you who have been there for me and especially my loved ones...thank you.

Good night all,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment