Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Challenge Part Deux

Today is Day 1 of the challenge. The last day will be September 11th. We recruited our nieces, Madison and Sydney, to assist Deuce with picking the challenges.
The video is taking forever to upload, but here are the challenges:

  1. Pay It Forward- Every day we have to do something nice for someone else
  2. Jog 3x a Week
  3. No Carbs After 2 p.m.
    1. It's a take on personal trainer Bob Harper's no carbs after lunch rule. Here's a link to all 20 of his skinny rules http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=5819x22195x48080313
I'll upload the video later.

Ericka: You can audibly hear my disappointment when the jog 3 times a week challenge was pulled. Did I mention I hate jogging? I woke up and my body was aching every where from yesterday's jog. Speaking of yesterday, we spent the day on a boat with our family. So basically I was snacking and baking in the sun all afternoon until a torrential downpour hit us. We then went to Pappasito's where I proceeded to eat my weight in chips and dip. I guess that's the last time I'll be eating carbs that late. I already planned on cutting carbs out for dinner, unless I was dining out, but now I can't even use dining out as an excuse. Sheesh we just came off a no carbs challenge! There's only 2 carbs challenges in the bowl, and we would pick them back to back! This morning I ate the dinner I packed up b/c I was too full from appetizers to eat it. So I had black beans with cilantro rice and a salmon filet. I have 32 minutes of cardio to get in and a pay it forward to do so I am going to do 2 in one. I'm going take my in laws dog for a walk. No jogging for me today, because I just did it yesterday. My goal is to jog Monday, Wednesday and Saturday mornings.

Chris: I'm excited about the exercise challenge. I actually think jogging is an effective way for me to lose weight. Last time I lost a lot of weight, I was able to work myself up to jogging for an hour. During that time, I dropped almost 80 lbs in a 2 year span. Jogging is also a stress reliever for me. It's one of the few things that helps me clear my mind, and I don't think about anything else when I'm jogging. Now for the eating challenge, I was extremely disappointed. We just came off of no carbs and now we have to remove carbs from our diet after 2 pm. It's not that I was going to go crazy on carbs, but it's the fact that I can't eat them if I want to for dinner that bothers me. I guess it will benefit us in our efforts to lose weight so I'll stick to the positives. I am also excited about the pay it forward challenge but think it'll be very difficult to attain on a daily basis just due to working everyday. However, I will look for a variety of ways and get creative to attain this goal. I am looking forward to the next 30 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment