Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ericka: Can't Get Right (8.1.13)

Let's start with Tuesday evening. You already know I didn't go to my Tabata class, because I accidentally got there a half an hour late. The plan was supposed to be to go workout after work, but Chris and I decided to go see "The Wolverine".  Please indulge me as go I into fangirl/geek mode. I love the X-Men franchise. I became a big fan as a kid when Fox aired the animated series on Saturday mornings. So of course when they turned the comic books into a movie franchise, I was the first one in line. For the most part, the series has yet to disappoint. I must say the first X-Men movie was a bit slow, and Storm's hair was a mess, but it had a good message about tolerance. However I thoroughly enjoyed the subsequent movies including X-Men: First Class and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I can't say the same for the latest Wolverine movie. While I never set the bar high for action movies, I did expect a bit more. There were cheesy one liners and cheesy music. The love story was a bit of a throw away, and I had to suspend disbelief a little too much. However, the action sequences were good. So I give it a C+. While it wasn't the best in the franchise, it also did not deter me from seeing future X-Men related movies.

Now back to business as usual. Wednesday was my second failed attempt at exercising. Yesterday's challenge was 1 minute wall sits every hour on the half hour. I only got to do 4, because I was in court all day yesterday. I almost asked the judge to let me use her chambers to complete my mission. Just kidding, kind of. The thought did cross my mind briefly. I assumed I'd be done with court no later than 3. Then I was going to go to the gym, grind it out a little bit before picking Chris up from work. I was also supposed to drop him off at the bowling alley and then head straight to Prairieville to see my babyface. However, I didn't finish up with court until after 6. Chris had to get to the bowling alley by 6:30 so he had to leave without me. Which meant I was stranded at work. Luckily my friend Tiff picked me up. So no workout on Wednesday.

This morning I got up and got a good 30 minutes in, and the plan was to go to lunchtime Tabata to cut down on my remaining minutes for the week. I double checked the time to make sure it was for 11:30 a. I got to the gym at 11:20, got dressed and then realized I forgot my tennis shoes! Really!?! Really!?! On my way out I ran into the hot girl in my class. She's perky, and fit and cute. She asked me "Where have you been?" I gave her a quick rundown about showing up late Tuesday and forgetting my shoes today. As I am debriefing her she disrobes. She doesn't turn around modestly, she doesn't look shy. She just whips her dress off over her head as if it was no big deal. And in truth it was no big deal. I mean what did she have to hide. I could already tell from when I've seen her in her workout clothes that she had a great body, but seeing it in all of its glory confirmed it. Honestly it didn't discourage me or make me jealous. It motivated me. So thank you hot girl for being so hot. As for today's challenge, yes, I've been doing 25 triceps dips every hour and I finished the wall sits I didn't get to do yesterday.

I'll give this exercise thing another chance tomorrow.

E

Oh I made a parfait for breakfast yesterday, and it came out better than store bought because the granola wasn't just on the top. I layered non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt with strawberries, granola and honey. I topped it off with almonds. Yummy



No comments:

Post a Comment