Sunday, August 4, 2013

Ericka: Weekend Chef (8.4.13)

I just realized I haven't blogged since Thursday! When I left you last, I had 150 minutes of exercise left for the week. Friday I took the majority of the day off so that I could spend the day with my babyface before he headed back to Prairieville for the week. Friday morning, since I was in no rush to go in, I got a late start on my morning fitness. When I finally got out of the bed, I did a 4 minute warm-up followed by 15 minutes of high intensity interval training courtesy of NTC. Then Deuce got out of bed and wanted to go outside, so I took him for a 20 minute stroll. I jogged every other block in the heat. 39 minutes down 111 minutes to go.

Saturday I went to the gym with my usual crew in tow. Chris and I hit the track first. I went around 12 times, jogging every other lap. I did a little over a mile in 13 minutes! I followed that by getting on the elliptical and Stairmaster for 17 minutes. Then I hit the weights. As I walked in with Es & Chris I saw my dad working out! HEY POPS! Essie and I focused mostly on legs but did some abs and arms. After 30 minutes Es and Chris went play racquetball while I finished pumping iron (lol) for an additional 10 minutes. I was able to catch the last 10 minutes of Chris' game, and I must say he looked good. He has definitely improved. Then I played Es in a game of racquetball. I managed to score 5 points against her! I know she doesn't play me as hard as she plays the guys in her league, plus she had just finished playing Chris, but Es said I played better and that I got in some good shots. I'll take it! We played for 20 minutes

This morning I only had 21 minutes left for the week so I did 2 of Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer routines, cardio and power yoga, plus a 2 minute warm-up and a 2 minute cool down. Mission accomplished.

I then went to the grocery store fresh from my workout sans makeup and this young man, about 20 y.o., thought I was in school! I told him I was far from college age, and he then tried to guess my age. Ugh, no good can come from that right. He said "Well since you're not in school, you must be older...26! I'll take it! Anyway, after my quick stop at the store, I came home and made a few dishes for the week. I made meat sauce with lean ground turkey, and instead of pasta I made spaghetti squash. If you don't know about spaghetti squash, it's a vegetable that when baked and shredded with a fork gives the appearance of spaghetti. I also made a delicious salad. Thanks Malgorzata for the recipe! I used kale, radicchio, a little Quinoa ( a healthy high protein carb), a little corn, avocado, red onion, tomatoes and olive oil. The last meal I made was collard green wraps. I used a similar recipe from last time, but I added quinoa. For brunch I made myself a parfait. For an extra boost I added Qia, which is a mixture of chia seeds, buckwheat and hemp seeds. After all that cooking in the hot kitchen, I took a nap with Deuce.

Meat sauce & spaghetti

Salad

Parfait
I plated the pasta for dinner and paired it with a nice glass of Merlot. I didn't take a picture of the wraps, because you've seen those before.
Bon appetite!

Can we talk about how hot it is for just a second? I mean seriously, it's sweltering out there! In fact, it's down right dangerous. Deuce wanted to go outside after his nap so I put him in his little push car for a quick spin around the neighborhood. I went half a block and Deuce said, "It's hot". I finished the block and went right back home for indoor fun.

Now I must confess I had a little bit of bad carbs. My grandmother makes birthday cakes for everyone's birthday, and because we only have 1 family birthday in July, I haven't been tempted by her delectable cake. Well that 1 birthday, Kaleb West Cunningham who made 5 on July 16th, was celebrated a tad bit late. We had his cake yesterday. At first I passed on the cake, but everybody kept saying that it was one MaGen's best cakes so I had a teeny tiny bite, and I must say it was amazing. I'm not even feeling guilty about it. Sorry not sorry.


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday,

E


No comments:

Post a Comment