Sunday, September 1, 2013

Ericka: So About that 6x a Week Thing... (9.1.13)

I did it! Well let me rewind a little. I know what y'all were probably thinking, "she hasn't blogged in a few days. She must have fallen off." Usually that's how it works. If I'm not vocal about my activities, then I must not have anything to report. This time however, I was just plain busy.

Thursday I skipped the jog. I don't know what happened. All I know is, by Thursday I still had 4 more jogs to go, and I consider a jog to be at least 20 minutes, with the majority of that time, or at least half, being spent actually jogging. Oh wait, I do remember. I changed into my workout clothes right before I left from work. The plan was pick up Deuce, go straight to City Park, then go to the grocery store, cook a meal and have a couple of girlfriends over. Well as I was leaving work, I got a call from Deuce's teacher. She suspected he wasn't feeling well, because he was cranky and clingy all day among other symptoms that I won't mention. So I pick up Deuce and start to head out for the grocery store. I decided to nix going to the park, because if he was sick then being in the heat wouldn't help things. On my way to the store I realized I forgot my wallet at work. After a not so quick detour back to the CBD from the Lakeview area I finally made it to the grocery store to pick up my ingredients for Southwest Salad topped with Grilled Shrimp. Luckily Deuce's mood had improved, so he bared with me while I ran all of my errands. Well there was this slightly embarrassing, well really embarrassing moment. This lady had just finished complimenting me (ok Deuce) on how cute, sweet and smart is. Deuce was being his usual chatterbox self. Then he did the unthinkable. He pointed to the lady's butt and said "Mommy, she made poo poo." The lady turned around said "What did he say?" I tried to cover and tell her we are in the middle of potty training (we're not) and that he said he had to poo poo. Of course Deuce repeated his accusation. Now I'm not goint to lie on my baby. Someone passed gas, and it wasn't me and it wasn't Deuce.

I looked down in shame and tried to hurry up the check out process. Back to the dinner. It was really quite simple. All you need is kale (or whatever green leafy vegetable you prefer), a little bit of quinoa, 1 avocado, diced red onions, cilantro a little evoo, cherry tomatoes, corn and black beans. I grilled the shrimp in my grilling pan using salt, pepper and garlic. Voila! The ladies (my sister and 2 of my good friends) brought the wine and dessert.






On to Friday. I got up early for a for what was supposed to be a quick 30 minute walk jog set. I started out with a 5 minute warm up walk then I jogged for 15 minutes straight! I am still in disbelief as I type this. I don't know what came over me. Perhaps my all Beyonce playlist. Perhaps it was the good weather. Or perhaps it was just pure determination. In other news. Friday was my Joey's (my youngest brother for those of you who don't know) first dance! He looked so handsome, and apparently he painstakingly picked out his outfit at the mall with some assistance from the Leonards.


Saturday, Chris and I took Deuce to Audubon Park. We did week 3 day 1 of the C25K plan which involved sets of 1.5 minute jogs and 3 minute jogs with walking in between each set. That took 24 minutes including warm up and cool down. Then I, and I alone, took Deuce to the Cool Zone at the Zoo. Geesh prices have gone up. It would have costed us $50 for the day of fun, but due to an unexpected family discount, I only spent $16. We met up Jennifer, Auntie Carla and the boys, and they all had a blast. At the end of the day I was soaking wet and exhausted. Deuce slept for 3 hours straight. I wish I could say the same. Of course that long nap bit me in the end, because he didn't go to bed until midnight.



Sunday/Today. My sissy came over and in an attempt to get Deuce to sleep we decided to take him for a stroll in the hot sun at 1:45 p.m. I utilized the time to get 2 jogs in. The first set, I followed the week 3 couch to 5K plan. Then after my cool down I jumped right back in for a jog a block walk a block routine for an additional 20 minutes. I AM EXHAUSTED! And of course Deuce never fell asleep. Chris finally got home around the time I was finishing up. He went play golf with his Dad and brother. Apparently they used the golf cart, so don't let him fool you into thinking he walked the entire course. I wonder if they always use the cart....hmmmm.

Now for my good deeds. I have cooked a meal for friends, gone to Dillards to pick out an outfit for my sister (on my parents' dime) I hope she likes it, and been in charge of the Deuce monster the majority of this weekend so that Chris can get in some QT with his friends, dad and brother for fantasy football drafting, LSU Tigers watching (GEAUX TIGERS) and golfing.

Okay guys. I'm beat. Enjoy the rest of your labor day weekend.
E

No comments:

Post a Comment