Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Ericka: Last Day 9.11.13

Let's catch up shall we. On Who Dat Sunday I did indeed get in my last 2 jogs to make a total of 6 for last week. Chris, Deuce and I went City Park with my cousin's fiance and their two boys. We put the boys in their respective jogging stroller, Chris pushed since it's the equalizer that allows me to keep up, and we went around the extended track. After 30 minutes of jogging and walking we stopped and did some calisthenic exercises using the equipment in the park; the boys ran around and disrupted some of the other people trying exercise (oops). I guess it's been awhile since I've gone to City Park. I had never used the extended track before, and I did not even know there's work out equipment. Good job New Orleans! After about 10 - 15 minutes we got back on the track and did  another 30 minutes of jogging and walking. As a treat for the boys for putting up with being in a stroller for such a long period of time, we took them to the playground to burn off some energy and wear them out.





Monday I decided to skip cardio and did some stretching instead. My body needed the break from the last 2 weeks of jogging. Yesterday Jennifer and I decided to meet up at the park again. We went around the track, jogging and walking, for about 30 to 40 minutes. We then finished our workout off with a 15 minute NTC cardio workout. Well of course it wasn't just 15 minutes for us. The boys were running around, asking for food and drinks, and being just being kids. We were going to go around the track again and maybe even take them to the playground, but we were exhausted.

Jenn and I discussed doing this more often. She's trying to lose a little post baby weight, and I'm trying to lose a little post overindulging for the past 4 years weight. So it looks like I have a new workout buddy yay! Chris doesn't know it yet, but Jenn, my sister and I have decided to meet up Thursday for a workout sans the boys. Guess who is going to be in charge of them.

I can't leave before telling you a Deuce story. Last night while getting him dressed for bed he began trying to lick his own nipple. I tried not to bring attention to it, but when he exclaimed "Mommy I eat nipple!", I couldn't help but laugh. I also learned my child is an escape artist. Chris told me a few months ago he could get out of his crib, but I didn't believe him. Well I saw it with my own eyes yesterday. We have been co-sleeping with Deuce since the day he was born That was not the plan going into this parenting thing, it more or less was forced on us, because our kid would not sleep through the night unless we cuddled with him. So long story short we are lazy and did not want to hear him cry. We've tried letting him cry it out before, and we actually broke him once when he was about 6 months. Then Hurricane Isaac hit, and we had to share a bed again, and he never adjusted to sleeping by himself since. We tried the CIO again, but neither of us could bear going through the week of crying. In fact Deuce became more resilient. The 1st time we did CIO method he cried for 30 minutes at the longest. Every day following the 1st day, his crying time got shorter and shorter until he finally stopped crying. Well not the 2nd go at it. I think he was about 10 months and boy could he wail and shake the crib. The crying lasted far longer. When we thought he stopped and fallen asleep, it turned out that he was just taking a break! We then tried to let him sleep on a mattress next to our bed, but every night/morning around 1:30a.m I would be awaken by the kid climbing over me and into the bed.

 Anyway last night I decided enough is enough. No more cosleeping. I set up a pallet for him in the game room. We haven't converted his crib into a toddler bed yet, because somebody has yet to get the parts out of the attic even though I've asked him repeatedly. I read him a story and put on Dora. He laid down wit a little bit of a fuss, but then he was quite. 2 minutes later he was up and in the living room. I brought him back in the room, he came back out. This exchange occurred 5 times, then I threatened him with timeout. He said okay and walked to his chair and sat down with his head down. He preferred timeout over going to bed alone even though he was tired. We then did the dance again. I put him in, he came out. I turned off the tv, he came out. I put on the Jungle Book he came out. I put him in his crib, he escaped under 30 seconds. Finally I closed the door, because I know he has trouble twisting the knob. He banged on the door and cried out for me, and only me. Of course he has to make me feel like a horrible mother. Hey Deuce can you throw some guilt your father's way?! Then the noise stopped. I waited 30 minutes to go in, out of fear that he was just getting his wits together. Finally we went in. We found him laying down next to the door holding his teddy bear; he was fast (slow) asleep.

Okay guys. Time to get my day started. But before I leave you, I would be re-missed if I did not call attention to the people we lost on 9/11. The lives lost were mothers, fathers, husbands, wives, sisters, brothers, daughters, sons, and friends. Military personnel, and first responders. Their ages ranged from 2 to 85. More than 90 countries lost citizens on that day. We Americans learned that we can be attacked on our soil. So please take a moment today to reflect, pray, or just think about the lives lost, and the family members and friends who have had to find a way to go on without their loved ones.

E

No comments:

Post a Comment