Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ericka: The Results Are In! (Part Deux) 9.12.13

So I weighed in today, and as expected, I didn't lose much. Well correction, as much as I had hoped for going into this challenge. What I envisioned was moving into a new weight bracket. I only had to lose 4 pounds, and I wouldn't be in the 90s anymore. Instead I lost 3 pounds on the dot. Chris managed to lose 9.5 pounds!

The Good:
At least it's going in the right direction. Considering I really only stuck to the diet for 2 and half weeks, that's a pretty good weight lost. In the past, if I started to slip into an overeating, no exercising relapse, it would last for months, and I would pack on even more weight. This time I got back on the wagon relatively quickly. While I didn't jog 3 times a week, I did push myself and got in 12 jogs regardless of the week. 
Weight loss grade: A- for Effort; C+ for results D for eating Which averages out to a C

The Bad:
I did not, whatsoever monitor my good deeds. Lesson learned: my challenges need to be more specific. To remedy that, I created a "volunteer an hour every week at a charitable organization" challenge. Since I know I did some nice things for people, even if I didn't write it down, I give myself a C-. The minus is because I didn't always go out of my way to do these nice things.  

The Ugly:
You know what grinds my gears? The fact that men seem to lose weight a lot easier than women. I mean come on! Chris lost 9.5 pounds, and I swear he didn't do half the things I did. He didn't get in his 3 jogs a week, he didn't even try to make up for the first two weeks when we didn't run, he pretty much ate what he wanted, lived how he wanted and reaped the rewards. When I saw he lost 9.5lbs, I said "I'm sure that stomach virus helped you out a bit." His response, "Nope, it's all in portion control." PORTION CONTROL! PORTION CONTROL! Did this boy really tell me it was due to portion control? Portion control my butt. The only portion he controlled was the amount of exercising he did, i.e. the lack thereof! Perhaps I should portion control sex (thanks J for that witty response, if I only I had it earlier) My friend said she thinks I have grounds to divorce him. There is also the option to sabotage him a la Mean Girls style. I can tell him I made him a delicious low calorie, low fat smoothie when in actuality it's filled with cream, sugar, and all the bad stuff that makes life more enjoyable. Am I jealous? In a word, yes, but at least I can admit it.

Okay I'm done with my rant. Back to being a supportive wife. In all seriousness, I'm proud of him and actually happy for him. We both have goals to achieve, and I'm glad he is closer to his. Chris just know that it's on! I'm coming for your ass. Love you babe! Keep up the good work.

As for my measurements, I lost anywhere from a 1/2 to an inch for the most part. The biggest loss though was in my waist. I lost almost 3 inches there. Of course, there was no change in my butt or my chest. If anyone has a flat butt or chest, I can definitely give you some.

E

No comments:

Post a Comment