Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ericka: Little Goals (6.27.13)

Day 4 of the detox, and I have already lost 2 pounds!Add that to the 5 pounds I lost during the 2 week period prior to starting the detox and I have a total of 7 lbs lost! While a lot of it may be water weight, and it's hard to keep up this weight loss pace, I will take what I can get. It feels good getting on the scale and seeing it move in the right direction for a change.
I've decided to come up with some short term goals. The first one is to weigh at least 10 lbs less than what I was the last time I get pregnant. Chris and I are considering adding to our family, but I cannot go down that rabbit hole until I lose some weight. I have 15 pounds to lose to reach that goal, and I'm hoping to lose it by my birthday, September 20.
This morning I got up at 6:30 a.m to do some light exercise. I made Chris join me. We started off with 20 jumping jacks, 20 triceps dips, 20 push-ups, 10 burpees (ugh) and 10 high knees. We then did Keaira Lashae's standing ab work-out. Some of the moves were geared to females, so Chris had to do some modifications which was pretty funny.


 For breakfast I had another green smoothie, but this time I made it with yogurt, 1/2 serving of oatmeal, 1 banana, a tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, a tsp of of instant coffee crystals, a little bit of honey and almonds. My smoothies are usually 300 calories or less, and they are quite filling.
For lunch I had 2 grilled chicken thighs smothered with onions and seasoned with my own marinade of sriracha, garlic, honey & cilantro. I LOVE CILANTRO! I would bathe in it if I could. For my side I had a boiled egg without the yolk.

Since Chris has once again upped the ante on the no whites detox, I decided I too will cut out a smoothie and either have a carbs-free & salt less breakfast or dinner in addition to lunch.

Well I'm spent. I had a long day, and a tough lunch time tabata workout. Tabata, for those of you who don't know, is a high impact interval training workout. You do an exercise for 20 seconds, but you go full out balls to the wall, take a 10 second break, and then do it again. Usually it's 8 rounds of various exercises.

Good night all,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment