Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ericka: A change is coming (6.25.13)

I think I'm ready. No, I know I am ready to finally take losing weight seriously. While I've never been a small girl with a ballerina's physique, I've also never been this big either. It started when I got married. I was already a little overweight, but then I got married and started eating whatever my husband ate. I gained 40 pounds in 4 years. Every once in a while I would get on the scale, get disgusted, then get motivated and then 3 weeks later discouraged or distracted. Well not this time, I hope.I started this blog because it will keep me honest. I will have to tell you my success stories and my setbacks.

About 2 weeks ago I started juicing using the nutribullet. I've been making green smoothies and they are so tasty. The first week I drank one smoothie a day. Last week I stepped it up to 2 smoothies a day except on the weekends. And this week my husband has joined me on the 2 a day challenge, but he raised the ante. For our 3rd meal, we cannot have anything white (e.g. salt, sugar, carbs). We have to stick to this detox for 10 days.

Yesterday, while complaining to my hubby, Chris, that my 75lb weight loss goal seems like a daunting task due to the amount of time it will take, it dawned on me that A. I need to break my goal down into smaller more manageable goals and B. I need to break the time it will take to lose that weight into 30 day increments. Chris has decided to join me, because he wants to work on his bedroom/beach body too. So we devised a plan to come up with 10 fitness challenges and 10 healthy diet challenges. We're going to put the challenges into 2 different hats or bowls, and we have to pick a challenge from both and stick to it for 30 days. After 30 days we will take a week off before starting the next challenge. I'm nervous and excited. We plan on starting July 8th, 2013 after our detox. We've also decided to do other challenges that affect various aspects of our lives. We haven't come up with all of the challenges yet, but stay tuned! Hopefully we will meet our goals and inspire you to come up with your own challenges or you can join us for our challenges.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment