Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chris: 1 day at a time (6.25.13)

This week starts the dawn of a new era. About 7 years ago, I had been accepted to the LSU MBA program, and I had just resigned from my job for the summer before starting school again. I had a free summer for the 1st in at least 6 years. One day, I stepped on a scale and weighed in at 309 lbs. I was so embarrassed and upset at myself that day, I vowed right there that I would dedicate the summer to running and eating better. By the end of the summer before my 1st day back at LSU, I weighed in at 272 lbs, so I was extremely happy of the progress I had made but not nearly satisfied. I continued to run and by the end of my 1st year in the MBA program, I had dropped to 255 lbs. Fast forward to graduation from the MBA program and I was a whopping 235 lbs. I went to Houston for that summer and worked my way up to running for an hour straight.

However, I started working full-time in the fall of 2008, got married in January of 2009, and slowly put on a few pounds here and there. Over the past 4 years, I've put on a good 25 lbs. Now, it is important to note that I have high blood pressure and a 1 year old son, which are two of the main reasons I have committed to this lifestyle change with Ericka. Also, I want to get more fit and feel better overall about myself. I know having done it once that losing weight is just as mental as it is physical (sports analogy!!!!). I also know that you can't expect instant results as this is a marathon, not a sprint (another sports analogy!!! If you can't tell, I love sports, lol)  So, I am more than confident that if I commit totally to our 30 day challenge, we will accomplish our goals.

Lastly, I believe this challenge will help Ericka and I grow closer together as we thrive off of each other when work towards a common goal. I think this will only strengthen our marriage and look forward to creating lifelong memories in our journey to better health and BEACH BODIES!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment