Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ericka: Debauchery, Repentance, & Penance (3.6.14)

When I last left you, I had just started my workout regime. Fast forward 2 weeks later, and I got sidelined by the doctor. I kept getting the same sinus infection, because A. I never took the medicine I was prescribed, and B. I didn't give myself enough time to get over the infection. The doc told me to take it easy. Well taking it easy to me meant no exercising. What's worse is when I don't exercise, I don't diet. Exercising gives me the extra push to be more mindful of what goes in my body, because I don't want to undue all of my hard work. So for the last few weeks I've been tail spinning into debauchery of catastrophic proportions. I'm talking sweet potato pie, ice cream, loads of potatoes, fried food, chips, chips n dip, chips ahoy, pizza...well you get where I'm going. It got so bad, that I started to crave healthy food. One day all I could think about was a kale salad topped with a little quinoa, black beans, cilantro, almonds, & avocado. all of my debauchery came to a head on Mardi Gras, and I started to rethink what I've been doing i.e repent.

Lent is my opportunity to hit the do over button. I, like most other people, use it as the chance to x out some of the bad habits from my life. My penance for my acts of gluttony is to give up the following: (1)Carbs after 3 (2)Soda (3) Unhealthy Desserts & (4) Alcohol. In addition to giving up those things, I vow to go to church once a week. I also aspire to do volunteer work or do something extraordinarily nice for someone else. Once I get the clear from my doctor to go back to exercising, which I'm hoping to get Tuesday, I vow to exercise at least 3 times a week.

So what are your Lenten vows?

No comments:

Post a Comment